The Breadbasket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I found a new chat we could use!

4 posters

Go down

I found a new chat we could use! Empty I found a new chat we could use!

Post by StarvingSmeargle Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:41 pm

https://blueimp.net/ajax/

This is the chat system that Black Labyrinth uses! The only reason they talk about coding and such is because its open source, and they were trying to custom tailor it some. But I opened the demo and looked at it. Its the Black Labyrinth chat, and I highly suggest using it~!
StarvingSmeargle
StarvingSmeargle

Back to top Go down

I found a new chat we could use! Empty Re: I found a new chat we could use!

Post by KeiththeRiolu Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:39 pm

*Hisses* FLASH!!! XD
I hope Flash 9 is only optional, or else it won't run on Apple's devices...like my iPod Touch that I use all the time.
KeiththeRiolu
KeiththeRiolu

Back to top Go down

Post by Houndoomed Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:32 pm

StarvingSmeargle wrote:https://blueimp.net/ajax/

This is the chat system that Black Labyrinth uses! The only reason they talk about coding and such is because its open source, and they were trying to custom tailor it some. But I opened the demo and looked at it. Its the Black Labyrinth chat, and I highly suggest using it~!

Uh... on the other hand, the Black Labyrinth's chat has kinda been down for a couple weeks. Y'know, just saying. ^^;
Houndoomed
Houndoomed

Back to top Go down

Post by StarvingSmeargle Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:36 pm

Its been down because they have been messing with the coding to enable profiles and logging and such, and due to human (or fur, as it may be) error, the 503s started coming up, so it was taken down completely to see if they can get rid of the 503 errors. Nobody says we gotta tinker about with it.

I only saw it say optional flash for sounds Kieth. Try running the demo box to check if it works with your itouch. If not, you said that the current one dosnt work with it either, so its not like you are losing some ability you already have...
StarvingSmeargle
StarvingSmeargle

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyrnereus Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:02 pm

this looks really great! the only problem would be that I have absolutely no idea on how to install it into the forum... if you know how, could you help me?
Zephyrnereus
Zephyrnereus
The Great Soul Dew Guardian
The Great Soul Dew Guardian

https://breadbasket.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KeiththeRiolu Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:46 pm

StarvingSmeargle wrote:I only saw it say optional flash for sounds Kieth. Try running the demo box to check if it works with your itouch.
It works! And I'm glad too, after all, I do want to be part of the chat. Plus, anyone with an iDevice will be thankful too!

StarvingSmeargle wrote:If not, you said that the current one dosnt work with it either, so its
not like you are losing some ability you already have...
Btw, I never said I couldn't use the chatbox we already had on my iPod, but rather it is difficult to scroll, and see older messages. You see, there isn't any scrollbar for some reason within the browsers, and even if I do manage scrolling up (by one touch holding the screen, and then other swiping down), new messages take me back to the very bottom again. So it works fine actually, just scolling is hard to do.

But, I am happy to say this is iPod/iPhone compatible, as long as Flash is never used, and I'm proud to give this the Riolu's Seal of Approval! Now, let's hope we can figure out how to install this. I downloaded it myself, and will see if I can't find out how to install it.
KeiththeRiolu
KeiththeRiolu

Back to top Go down

Post by KeiththeRiolu Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:19 pm

Ok, I was reading over the instructions, and I think we may be screwed right from the first step. Can we upload files to the server? Because that's what we have to do. Other than that, it's pretty straight forward from there. You just run the install script from your browser, and then configure it. But the main problem is uploading the files up to the server, which we have to do, unfortunately. XP
KeiththeRiolu
KeiththeRiolu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum