The Breadbasket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cool pokemon sprites, and a question

2 posters

Go down

What would you rather have Nintendo do with new pokemon?

Cool pokemon sprites, and a question Vote_lcap0%Cool pokemon sprites, and a question Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Cool pokemon sprites, and a question Vote_lcap0%Cool pokemon sprites, and a question Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Cool pokemon sprites, and a question Empty Cool pokemon sprites, and a question

Post by Agni Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:06 am

Cool pokemon sprites, and a question Poke14Okay, I was searching through THE INTERNET, and I found this cool list of fake pokemon sprites (shown at top of post) and It got me thinking about the question above.

I mean to say that alot of the below pokemon look really cool, but alot of them are just type variations on existing pokemon, or just devolutions and evolutions.

When compared to nintendo's current line-up of 5th gen pokemon (not all of them, just most of them) They make the nintendo pokemon look fake!

So I was wondering what was stated in the pole question, go answer it~

Disclaimer: I do not take credit for making these sprites, nor do i know who did make them.

((sorry you can't read the names, but the image share just won't work right for this picture))
Agni
Agni

Back to top Go down

Cool pokemon sprites, and a question Empty Re: Cool pokemon sprites, and a question

Post by Houndoomed Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:05 am

... I can't answer your poll up there. :3 Because I really think the best way to do it is sort of a 'happy medium' route. The problem with the criticism is that it's -always- going to happen. Make enough new evolutions, and people start yelling "Oh this is so unoriginal." Make enough completely new Pokemon, and it basically alienates people. "What are these, they're stupid."

The main problem, really, is figuring out which Pokemon to give evolved forms to! Because, of course, some Pokemon need a new stage more than others. Does anybody really want to see an evolved form of Jynx? Didn't think so. And then, likewise, they need to be sure not to make the new Pokemon too... ridiculous, or too similar to existing ones. For example, that Munna thing looks like a cross between Drowzee and Grumpig. Unacceptable.

And, of course... typing. There's the obligatories: the early-game 2-stage Normal type, the 3-stage Normal/Flying type, a Bug type evolutionary line or two. And probably some type of Water type fish Pokemon. The problem is that a lot of typings are crowded. Bug/Flying and Normal/Flying are two of the big ones. There's just sooo many Pokemon in each of those types. Dragon/Flying and Dragon/Ground, too. Not as crowded, but when any new Pokemon of those types is going to be measured against the likes of Salamence and Garchomp, it better have itself a freaking awesome gimmick. And, of course, maybe try to keep a little type diversity. One thing that bugged me in 4th Gen is that Drapion, upon evolution, became a Dark/Poison type... which wouldn't be a problem, if two other Pokemon (Stunky and Skuntank) had just been introduced with the same type. Drapion could just as well have been Dark/Bug, or just stayed Bug/Poison. A selection of usable Bug types other than Heracross and Yanmega would be kinda nice, after all.

Well, that was kinda long-winded. Forgive my rambling.
Houndoomed
Houndoomed

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum